Safe Air: Preventing the Spread of Viruses Using UV-C Light
Airborne viruses are nothing new in our environment, however, the 2020 SARS-CoV-2 rhinovirus has launched a global pandemic. Once infected, the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus causes the COVID-19 illness, which can range from asymptomatic to deadly. With normal levels of indoor air movement, saliva droplets can traverse distances greater than 30 feet, posing challenges for interior spaces, especially those with closed recirculatory ventilation systems. The solution? Air cleanliness achieved with UV-C, a wavelength of light outside of the visible light spectrum known to kill viruses. Read more about this and more our research-backed white paper.
In this white paper we address:
- How to protect vulnerable populations like children, the elderly, and frontline workers as well as their patients
- How the light spectrum can keep us safe from SARS-CoV-2 and future viruses
- The importance of air cleanliness and practical ways to manage it
- An overview of all of the products on the market that claim to combat viruses
- Common questions and myths about UV-C light and the dangers therein